Technology and the development of Internet have given us access to tons of information any time we desire it and from any place on the planet. Original ideas tend to become rarer and rarer. Everybody seems to be reproducing other people’s ideas and presenting them as their own.
As plagiarism becomes a major concern and more people seek to protect their work, different plagiarism checker tools have been availed to help check the originality of content. Here is a list of the top 10 free plagiarism checker tools available today.
1. DupliChecker: This online software for detecting plagiarism is absolutely free. It can be used for the single purpose of checking for plagiarism or for multiple other uses. It is very easy to use and convenient, giving instant results (within seconds). It gives the option of either copy pasting or uploading content for assessment.For regular writers, it is advisable to register, which is free. Unregistered users are allowed 1 free search daily while registered users can do up to 50 searches a day.
2. Grammarly: This tool is a must-have for writers. It not only helps to fight plagiarism but also supports one to become a better writer. Once it is downloaded onto a computer, it works as long as one is working online. It proofreads entire texts, scans for up to 250 types of grammatical and spelling errors and provides instant results.This can be rated as the best option when it comes to plagiarism checker software with its added advantage of grammar checker features. It is very useful in enhancing a writer’s vocabulary and is claimed to instantly improve one’s quality of writing.There is the option of either using the free version of the premium version.
3. Plagiarisma: One can conveniently get free downloads of plagiarism software for use with Windows, Blackberry, Android and the web. This application has features that support 190+ languages. The paid version provides an unlimited checker, unlike the free service which limits a user to a maximum of 3 scans a day. This software offers extra services such as article re-writing.
4. Search Engine Reports: This is a simple and free way to check if content is copied or original. Get a number of phrases that are unique to your content. Copy and paste on a search engine such as Google or Bing and do a search.
5. Plagium: This is a great plagiarism checker tool as it checks even social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook. It is fast and efficient and the results are produced almost instantly. It is advisable to opt for the paid service as some of the services such as downloading of files are not available to the free users.
6. CopyLeaks: This is an easy and convenient way to scan entire websites. It supports multiple file formats and multiple languages. It is a bit limiting because it only scans for online content. It has an Android app option and is available in multiple languages.Service for free users is limited to 10 pages a month and only 250 words per page. For heavier users, there is a variety of premium services to choose from. CopyLeaks is expected to eventually become a paid service, meaning that a time will come when it will no longer be available for free.
7. Plagscan: This is an easy, quick, and accurate way to fight plagiarism. It checks not only online content but also internal databases. It allows for uploading of multiple documents. One does not need to install anything on the computer as all that is needed is an Internet browser and Internet connection. Plagscan has a limited free trial for new users.
Plagiarism as it stand today is no mild act in the field of eLearning.