Word processor can be a computer program or device that provides means of input, editing, formatting and output of text, most often with additional features. In the past word processors were stand-alone devices designed to the function, but current word processors are software programs running on general purpose computers.
Uses of Word Processing
Word Processing is using a computer to create, edit, and print documents. Of all computer applications, word processing is the most commonly used. To perform word processing – a computer, word processing software and a printer are required.
Examples of Word Processor
Although Microsoft Word is the most popular word processor available, other options are available. Below is a listing of different word processors in alphabetical order.
- Apple iWork – Pages.
- Apple TextEdit – Apple macOS included word processor.
- Corel WordPerfect.
- Google Docs (online and free).
- LibreOffice -> Writer (free).
- Microsoft Office -> Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Works (discontinued).
- OpenOffice -> Writer (free).