Features of Word Processor
Unlike a basic plaintext editor, a word processor offers dozens of additional features that can give your document or other text a more professional appearance. Below is a listing of some of the most popular features of a word processor.
- Text formatting – Changing the font, font size, font color, bold, italicizing, underline, etc.
- Copying, cutting, and pasting – Once text has been entered into a documented it can be copied or cut and pasted anywhere in the current document or another document.
- Spelling and Grammar – Checks for spelling and grammar errors in a document.
- Find – Word processors give you the ability to quickly find any word or text in any size of the document.
- Search and Replace – You can use the Search and Replace feature to replace any text throughout a document.
- Insert tables – Add tables to a document.
- Header and footer – Being able to adjust and change text in the header and footer of a document.
- Thesaurus – Look up alternatives to a word without leaving the program.
- Headers and footers – The headers and footers of a document can be customized to contain page numbers, dates, footnotes, or any text of all pages of the document or specific pages.