A database is an organized collection of data, generally stored and accessed electronically from a computer system. Where databases are more complex they are often developed using formal design and modeling techniques. The course on Basics of Database Design also known as Database Design I will put you true with the required knowledge you need to have as a database designer in a beginners level.
The concept of database system is a must know for every undergraduate and everybody in general. Selecting the best database management system (DBMS) may difficult for a novice. Today, businesses and organisation use relational database management to manage their data.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of Database and DBMS
- Explain the Models of Database
- Characteristics, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Know the Components of DBMS and Its Users
- Architectures of Database Management System
- Understand the Entity Relationship (ER) Model
- Terminologies in Relational DBMS Model
- Conceptualize Structured Query Language (SQL)
I have prepared this course – Basics of Database Design – in an easy to understand tone. Learners need little or no help to understand the course.
Lecturer/ Course Creator
Uncle Patrick Chigoziri Ugwu
He is a Computer Educationist, Edtech Expert, Course Creator, Blogger, Statistical Data Analyst and Software Tester at Akanne Technologies.